Monday, September 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home on September 1st

Our home and yard on this first day of September


The back yard flowers are fading, but still cheery. The front garden climbs the new fence Thomas built this summer.




























The new grass in the front yard with a refurbished bench to enjoy the bay. Tide is out right now, check back in a few hours!






















The fire pit will be glowing tonight with Labor Day hot dogs!


Blackberries by the back pond, have replaced the waterfall for the time being.





















Firewood piles, little crab apples, and luscious pears have Autumn written all over them.















Lazy days find both man and animal enjoying the slow ease into Fall. Coonie heard us in the yard this afternoon and came by to stocks up on her favorite foods. After all... it is September, and the girl needs to prepare for winter.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

What beautiful pictures! Makes me homesick - wish we could join you for the Labor Day barbecue!

Hemant Saluja said...

Hi,
These are beautiful pictures and looking good. The atmosphere is looking at good and full of greenly. The pictures are very natural and marvelous.
===================================
Girjesh
look4word

Lady Farmer said...

Yippie!! You have a blog! I was soo thrilled I cried! Yes, I really did! You didn't tell me you were starting a blog, I found it on Michele's. You have been busy this summer. I love the pictures, yard, critters! I am coming for a visit! See ya soon!
:~}